Can regular masturbation cause low sperm count?

Dr. Shoaib Khan

Posted on Tue, 2 Sep 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hi,
I am doing masterbation for around 4-5 years every 2-3 days, i am 24 years old, now my testicles are hanging very low, but when i am in cold they are attached, even my pennis size is also big when it is erected. I didnt have face any problems till now, Do i get any problems in future like sperm low or any due to the affect of this masterbation? Please help me i am bit worried.
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Absolutely normal and healthy, no ill-effects

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help.

Based on the description provided, it sounds like you are perfectly healthy. There should not be any cause for concern sir. The anatomy explained by you is completely normal for a 24-year-old male.

All I would have to suggest is to wear well fitted inner wear (undergarments), to help keep the scrotum in place and well protected, other than this nothing else is really required as you sound perfectly healthy sir.

As for your concern about future problems like a low sperm count, etc; all these myths in regards to masturbation are untrue. In fact, masturbation is a very healthy habit, both physically and mentally. You should not and will not suffer any harm due to masturbation conducted in the past or the future sir.

I hope you find my response helpful. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you.

Best wishes.