Can rashes be caused by a virus?
This is a harmless rash. It is caused by a virus. There are dozens of viruses out there that cause these types of rashes.
If she is without fever, then she is not contagious and you don't have to worry about it spreading.
Ultimately, the rash fades on it's own. It can take 1-2 weeks for this to happen.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr Eric Goldstein, Pediatrician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes excessive screaming in a child?
- Suggest treatment for abdominal pain and nausea
- What causes continous head bobbing of a 8 month old?
- Suggest treatment for dog bite and pain
- Suggest treatmemt for diaper rash
- What would be the effect of undiagnosed childhood voluntary chronic...
- Suggest treatment for loss of appetite and weight loss
- What causes imbalance in a child?
- Suggest treatment for insect bite in an infant
- Suggest treatment for long hair stuck in rectum