Can radiation from CT scans cause any risks?
I would recommend as follows:
Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!
I passed carefully through your question and would explain that there are other tests to investigate for coronary artery disease, without the risk of radiation or XXXXXXX
In this regard, I would recommend performing an exercise cardiac stress test or a Dobutamine cardiac stress echo.
Both these tests do not impose you to any risk of radiation and are not performed with any XXXXXXX (Dobutamine is a drug, but not a dye).
You should discuss with your doctor on the above test.
I remain at your disposal whenever you will have any other questions!
Wishing good health,
I also had a calcium ct scanning 4 years ago and it was o
My opinion as follows:
Hello again, dear Lxxx!
Regarding your additional questions, I would explain as follows:
Diastolic dysfunction of grade I (relaxation abnormality) is a mild abnormality frequently seen in hypertensive patients, but with age it becomes a common finding and above 65 years old it is considered a normal finding.
So, you shouldn’t worry about this echo finding!
It is a nonspecific diastolic finding and doesn’t signify that you are suffering from cardiac ischemia.
Coming to chest pain, I would explain that the majority is not of cardiac ischemia origin.
Other chest structures should be blamed instead (musculoskeletal, acid reflux, hiatal hernia, gastritis, costochondritis, shingles, etc.)
The cardiac tests I mentioned you above helps in the differential diagnosis workup of your chest pain. You should discuss with your doctor on these issues.
The other performed cardiac tests with normal results are another important evidence against cardiac ischemia.
Coming to this point, I recommend you properly controlling any potential coronary risk factors (hypertension, dyslipidemia, smoking contacts, possible glucose metabolism disorder, etc.)
Hope to have clarified some of your uncertainties!
Wishing you good health!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Thyroid radiation scan
- Pns ct radiation exposure
- Hida scan radiation and flying
- Radiation therapist risks and exposure
- What can counteract radiation during ct scan
- Bone scan radiation risk
- Effects of ct scan radiation
- What are the risk of radiation during a ct scan
- Ct scan radiation risk
- Foods counteract radiation ct bone scan
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?