question-icon

Can protein shake be taken while on Depakote?

Posted on Fri, 27 Jun 2014
Question: Can i take protein shake if i am taking depakote?
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah (39 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Yes, it is safe to!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I have reviewed the information and it is safe to take shakes while on Depakote. However, do not take them at the same time if the shakes contain milk. Simply space out the interval but know that there is no interaction between these two products in the body. I a just making sure that absorption of the drug is not affected by milk components as they tend to form difficult to absorb salts.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarification should need be.

Dr. Ivo Ditah