Ask a Urologist   »  

Can prostatitis cause rectal pain?

Urologist
Question
have prostste infec can it caustion pain butt area my doctor last month he say it was infed have 500mg cipro no help yet my doctor is urologist

Answered by Dr. Naveen Poola 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, there is chance that it can sometimes cause such pain.

Detailed Answer:

As you didn't get help with ciprofloxacin, your urologist may now go for culture and sensitivity examination which can help in identifying susceptible antibiotic that can help in dealing with the infection.

Hope it helps

Follow-up: Can prostatitis cause rectal pain? 57 minutes later
want my doctor gave me a rectal exam he tell by touch my prostate it infec not other thing ty

Answered by Dr. Naveen Poola 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Your doctor may now go for further testing with which appropriate treatment

Detailed Answer:
As the ciprofloxacin antibiotic did not work for you. Your doctor may now go for further testing with which appropriate treatment plan would be advised.