Ask a Urologist   »  

Can prostate infections turn into prostate cancer in one month?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
can prostste change in month last have retal exm my doctor say is was a prostste infe can change in mohth to cancer can he tell what it by touch my prostate i look cipro500 mg it help a little go back to doctor to see what happan ty
Fri, 8 Jun 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Prostate cancer is very slow growing cancer

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Based on the facts that your Dr who has done your Digital Rectal Examination one month back and diagnosed you to have Prostate Infection (Prostatitis and accordingly prescribed you Ciprofloxacin .

I would like to state that Prostate cancer is very slow growing cancer hence it is unlikely that it will get transformed in Cancer of the prostate within a month .

You need to do blood test for Serum PSA which is a basic screening test to suspect cancer of prostate if PSA is raised above 4 ng consult qualified Urologist for Digital Rectal Examination (DRE) .If he finds a hard nodule on DRE then he would suggest you to go for ultrasound guided biopsy of the prostate which is only confirmative test to establish diagnosis of cancer of Prostate .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Can prostate infections turn into prostate cancer in one month? 10 minutes later
my dr is a urologist

Brief Answer:
Follow his advice

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .
Since your Dr is Urologist he would be the best judge to decide regarding need for further investigations if required .

Follow his advice

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Can prostate infections turn into prostate cancer in one month? 5 hours later
thank you all your help infe is gone but he keep on prostate pill i saw my doctor today

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Continue taking medicatios as per directions from your Urologist.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

Continue taking medications prescribed by your Urologist and have a regular follow up .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Can prostate infections turn into prostate cancer in one month? 38 minutes later
name of pill is alfueosin

what time to take pill this help stop pee alot to ty

Brief Answer:
Take Alfusin once daily

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

Take Alfusin once daily at bed time .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Can prostate infections turn into prostate cancer in one month? 7 hours later
hi is ok when pee i it come out like water no white lbubble

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could not understand your query.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .
I could not understand your query .Please elaborate it in detail so as to make precise comments .
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Can prostate infections turn into prostate cancer in one month? 1 hour later
it ok when up goto bathromm than go back to bed and you get up again 2hour and go again is that fine

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You have Nocturnal frequency for ruination

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up
Nocturnal frequency for ruination is mostly due to Enlarged Prostate.Continue taking Alfuzosin It will give positive results after two weeks.
Thanks and Regards
Dr.Patil

Follow-up: Can prostate infections turn into prostate cancer in one month? 8 hours later
can cranbeery juice make you pee all day also can twocup of defcaffince coffe make you go in hours ty

Brief Answer:
Cranberry juice or coffee can aggravat the frequency of micturition .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .
Cranberry juice or Coffee have diuretic action hence can aggravate frequency for micturition .However it is always recommended to rule out enlarged prostate by doing Ultrasound Scanning of abdomen .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.