Can prolonged stress cause hypertension and anxiety attacks in an obese person?
I took my pressure next day and it was lower but higher than normal at 138/89.
My blood pressure is usdually 128-30/78-80.
I have had major prolonged stress in my life lately which is why i think im having anxiety attacks. Marriage issues, buisness issues, i feel very stressed all the time.
Is this likely why my pressure is a up.
Ive had bloodwork done in last 4-5 months and was norml, ekg done 2 days ago and it was normal.
I have been dealing with a ton of stress for several months. Can prolonged stress cause anxiety attacks, higher BP?
Can be caused by prolonged stress
Prolonged stress, non healthy lifestyle, overtiredness can cause blood pressure increase. In your case, you have normal analyses and no other severe disease, so your cardiovascular risk is not high. You can try to regulate your lifestyle, avoid stress, eat healthy, have a regular sleep and exercise. Most probably your blood pressure will regulate during 3-4 months. Don't panic if you measure high blood pressure, you have 6 months to regulate your lifestyle and blood pressure.
Wishing you good health
In case of further questions don't hesitate to ask
It seems to have been highest when i feel anxiety but was concerned when it was still a bit high when i wasnt having anxiety attack.
Right now, even when im not having full blown anxiety attack i still feel anxious to some level all day. Feels like i cant relax. Weird feeling.
Oh, what do you mean by 6 months?
Don't worry about your blood pressure, you have low cardiovascular risk, so nothing bad will happen with you if your blood pressure is slightly elevated. If you do lifestyle changes most probably your blood pressure will regulate during 6 months, sometimes it regulates earlier.
So my doctor told me to use tylenol for chronic back pain and i have taken tylenol daily since off advil.
I do take only 1000 mg daily and dont ever exceed that. I dont drink alcoholfor this same reason.
My doctors assure me that its a low dose and actually the safest thing i can take for pain.
Ive just never liked taking meds.
I check my kidney function twice a year and drs say its fine and advise me im to obsessed with a non-issue. I even had an abdominal CT last year after multiple requests and it was also normal. My blood work was checked just 3-4 months ago and normal again. I definetly have long standing anxiety issues but it seems that news report kicked up my anxiety and it hasnt seemed to reside since i became worried.
Every medication has multiple side effects, but it's frequency is quite rare, usually the frequency of serious adverse effects are less than 1% otherwise medications will not be considered safe and their harm would be more than their favorable effects. Don't worry, if you have normal tests 3-4 months ago, everything is normal.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes sudden anxiety attack
- What causes anxiety attacks
- Viral infection causing anxiety attacks
- Can clindamycin cause anxiety attack
- Anxiety attacks caused by hookah
- Aspirin causes anxiety attacks
- Can a cpap cause anxiety attack
- Mucus in throat causes anxiety attack
- Does vyvanse cause anxiety attacks
- What causes severe anxiety attacks
- What does borderline right axis deviation and anteroseptal infarct...
- Should i stop Diltiazem inspite of its side effects?
- What does my NMR test report mean?
- Can gout cause high blood pressure?
- What causes fuzzy feeling in head with high heart rate and low BP?
- What causes muscle cramps in legs inspite of having metoprolol?
- Suggest treatment for left atrial enlargement
- Does myocardial stunning and hibernation cause harm to one's heart?
- Suggest treatment for high blood pressure with history of heart attack
- Suggest remedy for pain in chest