Can prolonged nasal and chest infection be treated while having a history of pneumonia?
hours does very little to stop systems.I had virus Pnumonia and was hospitalized at 10 years old.The
only medication given was a drain in my lungs and given sulhur as penaccilin was not available 60 years
ago.I believe I have had a pnuemonia shot in the past 2 years.Any Help?
Please do some tests
Hello and thank you for asking in HealthcareMagic,
I can understand your concern
According to the history, if you were my patient I would recommend you to do some blood tests and examinations as follows :
If they come positive than it mostly might be pneumonia which needs treatment with antibiotics (like Clarithromycin orally twice ) for probably one week.
If negative then this is a viral condition in which a lot of liquids are indicated and sometime Paracetamol (if needed)
Please consider the above and you can discuss with your doctor.
Hope to have been helpful for you
Regards and feel free to ask me again
Thank you for your kindness and excellent report on my sad condition.
Best Regards John
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Chest infection coughing fever aspiration pneumonitis bacterial pneumonia
- What antibiotics treat chest infections
- How to treat chest infection
- E coli chest infections
- Treat a chest infection
- Flucluxcillin to treat chest infection
- How is fever with throat and chest infection treated
- Is flucloxacillin used to treat chest infection and cough
- Can flucloxcillin treat chest infections
- Chest infection pneumonia asthma taking methotrexate for psoriatic arthritis
- Are pulmonary function tests advisable for diagnosing COPD?
- Suggest natural remedies for insomnia
- Suggest treatment for COPD in an elderly person
- Suggest treatment for pain in the ribs
- What causes cold while on Dextromethorphan?
- What causes constant pain in the ribs after injury?
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection in the lungs
- Suggest treatment for dry cough and pain in the ribs
- What causes fever and crackling sound in the cough?
- What causes frequent urination along with zits on the chest and face?