Can primolut help in pregnancy?

Dr. Monika Choudhary

OBGYN

Posted on Sat, 16 Nov 2013 in Pregnancy
Question: can primolut n help with pregnancy if your gp prescribed it to stop your menses from flowing more than 10 days. n in between ur cycle can u ovulate. I was taken 1 tab a day
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Primolut does not affect pregnancy

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX.....
Welcome to health care magic the tablet Primolut N is a supplement progesterone hormone that is the kind of female sex hormone. As such it doesn't help in pregnancy nor does it help in maintaining the pregnancy.
You can ovulate in between cycles in normal way.
The main use of Primolut N is to contro the excessive blood loss in the menses and postpone menses for 7-10days when required.
The drug does not have any longterm effects
I hope the advise will be helpful for you.