Can pregnancy occur if birth control pills are taken regularly and consistently?

Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Wed, 18 Oct 2017 in Women's Health
Question: Hi I had intercourse on Sunday morning now I am on the pill and take it all the time but the protection we wer using broke and I took my pill when I came home. I'm worried I could get pregnant even though I am on birth control. Should I get the morning after pill or no?
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No chance of pregnancy

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
If you are taking your birth control pills regularly and consistently, then there is no chance of pregnancy by unprotected intercourse.
You need not take any emergency contraceptive pill for that.
There is nothing to worry.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 43 minutes later
But ifs still ok if i only took it when i came home would i still be protected drom the day befores one
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
It's ok

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear, yes, you are protected from the previous pill.
The interval between the two pills should not me more than 24 hours.
Dr Deepti Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 4 hours later
Ok fbanks you so muchfor your help
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Happy to help

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I am happy to have helped you.
You can get back to me anytime for further health queries by asking a direct query to me using "Ask this doctor" facility on this site.
Dr Deepti Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj