Can pregnancy happen despite taking emergency pill and protective sex?
No chance of pregnancy this time.
I have read & understood your concern.
So according to the history you provided, you had sex two times , about 5-7 days prior to your expected menstruation.
First day it was non penetrative sex, still you had taken Plan B pill. Next day you had protected penetrative sex( with condom on).
There is least possibility of pregnancy with sex, a week before regular period (as pregnancy is possible only around 2 weeks before expected menses, as that is the ovulation time.)
So you did not have chance of pregnancy with both the sexes mentioned in the query. On the top of that you had taken Plan B which exclude the possibility of getting pregnant totally.
* Now about the bleeding-
- You had it after second sex, loosing your virginity that day- This bleeding was due to tearing of Hymen ( that covers vaginal opening in virgins).
- You would have another bout of bleeding after a week of taking Plan B (being withdrawal of the medicine from your system)
- Your menses would be late by 8-10 days this month & may remain irregular for coming few months (because of pan B).
So be careful & protected when you have sex these days. Plan B is an emergency contraceptive. Taking it frequently would cause menstrual problems.
So it's advised to use regular oral contraceptive or use condom with care in case you intend to continue regular sex, consult a gynecologist for personal advise
Hope I have answered your question.
Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale,
General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is emergency pill effective to avoid unexpected pregnancy
- What causes bleeding after taking contraceptive emergency pill
- Had intercourse missing periods should i take emergency pill
- What causes hot flashes after taking emergency pill
- Intermenstrual bleeding after taking emergency pills
- Emergency pills to prevent pregnancy
- Emergency pills to avoid pregnancy
- Will taking emergency pill cause irregularity in periods
- Why am i not having bleeding despite taking emergency pill
- Can someone with pcos take an emergency pill
- Feeling chill and shaking. Is this a sign of an illness?
- Have high BP, cholesterol and low thyroid. Feel heart rate increases at...
- Having intense burning and noticed swelling in clitoris and labias after...
- Had open surgery for advanced sigmoid colectomy. Watery stools with pain...
- Have severe facial flushing and rosacea. Going through menopause. What...
- Type-2 diabetic, constipated, having abdominal pain after bowel...
- What causes headaches?
- Suggest treatment for recurrent diarrhea
- Suggest treatment for foot infection
- What causes severe hair loss?