Can pre-workout supplements cause loss of appetite?

Psychiatrist
Question
Hi! Hope you can help me. My son is 17, he takes 40 ml of vyvanse at 7am(add), about 2pm he takes a preworkout before he goes to the gym at about 2ish. Tonight at about 7 pm his appetite was lower and seemed depressed. Clearly this combo is not good. Can this mixture me unsafe or damaging in any way? Thank you

Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please name the content of preworkout

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

First of all I will request you to provide details of his preworkout contents as every manufacturer have slightly different contents.

Secondly I like to tell you that adulteration with preworkout formulas are very common and it is possible that his formula is adulterated with steroids or some other harmful substances. Presence of low appetite and depressed feeling is very common with steroid use and adulteration could be the possible reason for his feelings.

I hope this answers you.
Feel free to write back to me with required information.
Thanks and regards.