Can poison ivy cause swelling in the penis?
Most likely need oral prednisone.
I am sorry to hear this. If his penis is very swollen, most likely he is going to need a course of oral corticosteroids to decrease the inflammation.
The inflammation will eventually go down without medicine, but it may be extremely miserable until then. Also, if he is uncircumcised, there is a limit to how much the foreskin can stretch before it tears.
The usual recommendation for situations like this is a short course of oral corticosteroids such as prednisone. This will decrease the inflammatory reaction more rapidly.
I strongly advise that he be seen in an urgent care or ER tonight.
Please let me know if I can provide further information. I hope he is feeling better soon!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can poison ivy cause rash on scrotumleg and ankle
- Poison ivy on penis
- Penis swelling poison ivy
- Swollen penis from poison ivy
- Poison ivy joint swelling
- Poison ivy rash causes
- Poison ivy on uncircumcised penis
- Treatment for poison ivy on penis
- Does poison ivy cause swelling
- Scar from poison ivy on penis