Can poison ivy cause swelling in penis?
Irritant contact dermatitis , likely
Hello and Welcome
I appreciate your concern
Topical hydrocorisone cream and oral tablet avil ( pheniramine maleate ) which is an anti histamine should be advised in consultation with your doctor. If the contact dermatitis associated with poison ivy responds to this treatment then its unlikely to be the STD i.e responsible for the current symptoms. To be on the safe side you can request an STD panel including HIV to be more sure about your STD status. I would advise to practice safe sex by using barrier contraceptives in the future.
Wishing you best of health
Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.
For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below
Dr. M.S. Khalil
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can poison ivy cause rash on scrotumleg and ankle
- Poison ivy on penis
- Penis swelling poison ivy
- Swollen penis from poison ivy
- Poison ivy joint swelling
- Poison ivy rash causes
- Poison ivy on uncircumcised penis
- Treatment for poison ivy on penis
- Does poison ivy cause swelling
- Scar from poison ivy on penis
- What causes weight gain inspite of being on Effexor for depression?
- What does twinging sensation in and around stomach indicate?
- Suggest treatment for pressure under lower left rib cage
- Suggest treatment for scleroderma
- Is Stematil safe with Sertraline?
- What causes low MPV?
- Does drinking excess water lead to reduced kidney function?
- Does Claritin Redi medication cause lymphadenopathy?
- Can hepatitis-C be contracted through a cut wound in the hand?
- What causes numbness in legs and face after taking steroid injections in...