Can platelet-rich plasma would be effective for synovial inflammation as a result from rheumatoid arthritis?

Dr. Saurabh Gupta

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Sat, 28 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: wondering if blood spinning (platelet-rich plasma) would be effective for synovial inflammation as a result from rheumatoid arthritis.
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
Brief Answer: yes, it would be effective. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Yes, platelet-rich plasma would be effective for synovial inflammation as a result from rheumatoid arthritis. In inflammatory arthritis and autoimmune disease such as rheumatoid arthritis, it works to control the immune system and reduce its tendency to attack the body. Hope this will helps you. Regards.