Can persistent sneezing during pregnancy cause any harm to fetus?

Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Sat, 3 Sep 2016 in Pregnancy
Question: Hello Doctor,
I am running in my 7th week of pregnancy. As I have allergy problem I take Montaire LC every alternate. But in spite of that I have sneezing problem throughout the day. I hope this does not effect my baby. Can sneezing be harmful?
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Montaire LC daily

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
If you are having allergic rhinitis, that is aggravated in pregnancy due to the nasal congestion caused by the hormonal changes of pregnancy.
If Montaire LC is not giving you relief on alternate day dosing, then you can take it daily after getting prescription from the doctor.
Sneezing is generally not a problem for the fetus, however continous sneezing throughout the day can cause pain in lower abdomen.
It is better to treat it at the earliest.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Maternal and fetal medicine specialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 10 hours later
Thanks Doctor, One more query.. I have too much of bloating problem and feels very uneasy anytime a day especially after drinking or eating anything. It does not get away with walking. Any remedy for that?
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Happy to help

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
Bloating is common in early pregnancy due to the effect of the pregnancy hormones, especially progesterone.
You should avoid tea, coffee, spicy and oily food.
If it is causing much discomfort, then you can have antacid tablet or syrup for relief.
Iam happy to have helped you.
You can get back to me anytime for further queries by asking a direct question to me on the health care magic portal.
Dr Deepti Verma

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 41 hours later
Thank u Doctor.. Also I am having headache problem. Often I get headache starting with some strong fragrance which ends up in headache. Sometimes this is due to too much gastric problem.This headache does not allow me to sleep at night. Is there any medicine i can take for headache safe in pregnancy?
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Paracetamol

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear, you can take Tab Paracetamol 500 mg after food for headache in pregnancy.
However, avoid taking it too often.

Dr Deepti Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee