Can peptic ulcer or Gastroparesis cause a bloated stomach and indigestion?
Please see detailed answer.
Dyspepsia, in layman's language, is known as indigestion. It is a term that describes discomfort or pain in the upper abdomen. However, it's not a disease in itself.
A dyspepsia is a group of symptoms which often include bloating, nausea and heartburn.
An ultrasound done should be done initially. I would suggest you not to worry too much.
Take a proton pump inhibitor like Esomeprazole 40 mg twice daily along with a prokinetic drug (eg.Domperidone) for 3 days.
This will provide you symptomatic relief from symptoms of dyspepsia (you may need to obtain a prescription for this from your local physician).
Antacid like Pepto Bismol can be taken for a few days along with it.
Any over counter probiotic should be taken for a few days to provide relief in symptoms of bloating.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
As per the symptoms penned by you in your follow-up, it could be a peptic ulcer.
Classical complain of a patient with peptic ulcer is that when they wake up they have pain which response to food (especially when ulcers are in duodenum).
Next time as the pain starts to take an Omeprazole and if pain responds to it its an ulcer.
The best way is to go for a planned endoscopy.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Ramesh Kumar, Gastroenterologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Peptic ulcers cause acne
- Causes of peptic ulcers
- Itch in my stomach and peptic ulcer
- Peptic ulcer symptoms stomach noises
- Popping feeling in stomach peptic ulcer
- Perforated peptic ulcers causes
- Peptic ulcer symptoms and causes
- Peptic ulcer disease causes
- Peptic ulcer and indent in stomach
- Peptic ulcers cause diaherria
- Suggest treatment for dizziness, fatigue and nausea when diagnosed with...
- What causes constant abdominal bloating after gallbladder surgery?
- Suggest remedies for chronic hiccups
- Suggest treatment for severe cramps and abdominal pain
- What does my HIDA report result indicate?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea, low grade fever and abdominal pain
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of GERD
- Suggest treatment for severe acid reflux despite taking Nexium
- Does Tylenol Cold cause diarrhea when taken for cold and flu?
- Suggest treatment for multiple anal abscesses