Can over dose of blood pressure medication cause any side effects?

Question
I just realized that I accidently took my medication twice this morning. I'm concerned because some of that medication is blood pressure medication and my heart rate is naturally low (and has been as long as I can remember, even before I was on blood pressure medication).

Specifically, I normally take 40mg lisinopril, 2.5mg amlodipine, and 30mg citalopram. I take my blood pressure, at home, on an Omron home blood pressure monitor. The last reading, taken in the evening, was: 105/68, pulse: 52, pulse pressure: 37. Another reading (taken on a prior evening) was 127/87, pulse: 46, pulse pressure: 40. These are typical readings with ONE dose of medication.

Today, I accidently took my medicine twice, which means I now have 80mg lisinopril, 5mg amlodipine, and 60mg of citalopram in my system.

What should I expect? What should I do? I'm concerned and as luck would have it, my doctor's office is closed right now!
Posted Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in Accident and Emergency

Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Unlikely to cause Hypotension

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

Dear Ms

Single episode of intake of anti hypertensive twice should not be bothersome. It is unlikely to result in hypotension or postural hypotension.
Ensure adequate rest and good intake of fluids.

Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.

Best regards
Dr T Shobha Deepak
MBBS, MD