Can onion and milk be consumed together?

Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil

Posted on Wed, 4 Nov 2015 in General Health
Question: is it advisable to take onion and milk together? is there any side effects?
can we take milk before onion? or can we take milk after onion?
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be taken together.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

You can take both milk and onions together, if you want to. There are no side effects. If you have dyspepsia or GERD history then I would advise to avoid onions with the milk. Try to walk at least 20 minutes after taking the milk or onion and avoid lying down straight away.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.

For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=68107

Dr. M.S. Khalil