Can one's height be increased at the age of 6?

Dr. Deepak Patel

Pediatrician

Posted on Thu, 25 Aug 2016 in Child Health
Question: My daughter who is about 5.9 years old is not growing in terms of height from last 2-3 months. Earlier the growth was very visible as we used to measure her height. She is very thin and does not eat properly. Please suggest should we visit a doctor or what can be the reason for this?
Answered by Dr. Deepak Patel 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Give multivitamin and calcium syrup

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.
Can understand your concerns.

Height of a child depends on child of parents. At 5.9 years of age, the height should be around 105 cm.

If a child gain 4 cm per year then its normal after 4 years of age.

You can give multivitamin syrup and calcium syrup for 2 months.

I suggest you to take exact height of child and measure it every 6 monthly for proper assessment.

I hope this will help you.
Wishing your child good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar