• question-icon

    Can one's height be increased at the age of 17?

Posted on Fri, 21 Jul 2017 in General Health
Question: Hello, my 17 yo son seems to be stuck at 5'6. I am 5'5 and my husband is 5'8 1/2
I bought Peak Height maximizer pills. What do you think?? Safe? Do they work?
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 3 minutes later
estion: Dear doctor why my knee wound area is yellowish fluid and little bit swelling in wound area does the cefadroxil antibiotic tablets is good for woun
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Ramesh Kumar 7 minutes later
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
pills are scams.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic for your query.
I have gone through your details and i appreciate your concerns.
As per your query answers are-
There is no salt in medical science which can effect height.
The only therapy which can help to gain height in modern medicine is growth hormone therapy.
Trials have shown that-
The lower dose was 33 micrograms per kilogram of body weight a day was administered to children's a fifth of those getting the low dose reached a final height well within normal ranges.

But these injections have to be taken under strict monitoring of endocrinologist.

A per your query pills are scam.They have no documented proofs(recorded by valid and certified agencies).

He is 17 excellent age to pick height follow what i am suggesting he will be tall very soon.Don't waste this golden period on scam pills etc.

Give him yoga training .He should practise these asanas every day for 45 minutes.
Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
Hasta-Padasana (Hand-To-Feet Forward Bend Pose)
Sarvangasana (Shoulder Stand)
Adho-MukhaSvanasana (Downward Dog Pose)
Trikonasana (Triangle Pose)
calcium supplementation can be given along with easily digestible protein and amino acid supplements.

Along with these asanas ask him to swim daily for 30 minutes.He can grow tall till age of 21.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Answered by
Dr. Ramesh Kumar


Practicing since :1986

Answered : 2441 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Antibiotic tablets

doctor1 MD

I have a whole that sucked the muscle to my bone in my right buttocks is like eating my muscle ans ia hearting my tailbone and shoulders and it...

doctor1 MD

hi I am suffering from an infection in my nose, I am in consulatation with an ENT from last two weeks but the infection is still not gone...

doctor1 MD

i had liposuction and fat transfer in my hips1 week a go, i was ok for two day after the surgery,but since 5 days a go i started to get fever day &...

doctor1 MD

Helloo Doctor....from last one month iam prone to acne on side of cheek... I used Antibiotic tablets suggested by skin specialist and using a cream...

doctor1 MD

Dear Doctor, My blood widal Sal.Paratyphi A ( o = 1, H = 1; 80 ) Sal. Paratyphi B&C ( O=1:20, H = 1; 20) So I affected by typhoidA What would you...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

156 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Ramesh Kumar
  • Q - Suggest treatment for abdominal hernia

  • Q - What does my biopsy report indicate?

  • Q - How can chronic constipation be treated?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for gastritis and acid reflux

  • Q - What causes severe abdominal pain?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for internal hemorrhoids

  • Q - What causes blood in stools while having diverticulitis?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome

  • Q - Suggest treatment for GERD

  • Q - Suggest treatment for IBS