Can one use a self-repaired denture and does it cause any health issues?

Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale

Posted on Fri, 24 Aug 2018 in Dental Health
Question: I have a full upper denture, and bit on something and one of the teeth came out. I panicked and put it back in with Original XXXXXXX glue. Is this going to harm me if I put it in my mouth after it dries?
Answered by Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It's harmless.. still be cautious about alignment.

Detailed Answer:
Hi xxxxx,

Glue is not known to be harmful to health or carcinogenic after it's dried completel. So it's not likely to make any harm. You can use your self repaired denture after drying, because the tooth is stuck by using glue.
At the same time other factors need to be considered in this issue. That is being an untrained person, the dental alignment might have changed while replacing the dropped teeth from your denture which might cause-
Also Altered mechanism and improper chewing of food resulting in insufficient digestion & nutritional deficiency.
Mal placed tooth may cause irritation/ injury to tongue, cheek.. to cause ulcer.

I would suggest you to be watchful for above things while you use your denture & consult your dentist in case you observe any of these in time.

Take Care!

Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale,