question-icon

Can one take Folvite without consulting a doctor while planning for a pregnancy?

Posted on Fri, 12 Oct 2018
Question: Is it safe to take Folvite 5 MG to plan pregnancy without consulting a doctor first? I am 33 years old and planning for my first pregnancy. Is there any precuation I should take before I start taking these tablets?

Can I take them at any time of the day? Should I take them before eating or after?
Answered by Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair (28 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
You can take Folvite.

Detailed Answer:

If you are planning for pregnancy and both of you are normal, can take the tablet any time of the day.It should be continued even after pregnancy. For this you need not consult any body.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. B. Radhakrishnan Nair,
OBGYN
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair

OBGYN