Can one have food before a colonoscopy?
It will be 28 hours since I ate the cereal when I have the colonoscopy. Do you think my colon will be clear and will that little bit that I ate cause a problem and I can't have the colonoscopy.
Hello and welcome
I appreciate your concern
Yes there is a possibility for poor visualisation of the colon. Due to that concern proper preparation of the bowels is advised.
It would be preferable if the colonoscopy is delayed for a later date. Please consult your doctor and apprise him/her of the situation to advise accordingly.
wishing you best of health
Dr M.S Khalil
please consult your doctor before taking any further course of action
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Propranolol before colonoscopy
- Taking melatonin before colonoscopy
- Marijuana before colonoscopy
- Sudafed before colonoscopy
- Colonoscopy flu before
- Questions to ask before colonoscopy
- List of foods to eat before a colonoscopy
- Cocaine before a colonoscopy
- Sleep medication before colonoscopy
- Nyquil before colonoscopy