Can one have a weak eardrum and cause rupture by using an ear spray?
I have a tiny perforation and experience fullness and echoing of my own voice .my doctor said no symptoms should be there as the hole is so small.
yes, this can occur
The ear drum is not a very strong structure. The strength of individual ear drums would vary slightly from one person to the next.
Rupture of the ear drum can occur with a spray or the use of a foreign object in the ear.
The majority of perforations heal on their own within 4 to 8 weeks. Though most persons may not have symptoms with a small perforation, this also varies from one person to the other.
As they say, patients are not in text books and what it expected may not happen or vice versa.
The symptoms should improve
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ear itching after ruptured eardrum
- Ear thermometers perforated eardrum
- Ear pains and itchiness after ruptured eardrum
- Ear wax against eardrum
- Growth in ear infront of the eardrum
- Ruptured eardrum cocaine use
- Ear wax behind the eardrum
- Eardrum bleeding after using ear bud
- Ruptured eardrum cause face numbness
- Candibiotic ear drops for ruptured eardrum