question-icon

Can one glass of alcohol effectively treat hangover symptoms?

Posted on Fri, 27 Nov 2020
Question: I DRINK 10-15 SHOTS THROUGHOUT THE DAY AND ALSO TAKE 100MG OF ADDERALL IM 27 FEMALE. WITH NO GALLBLADDER AND RYEUNADS DISEASE WITH A HISTORY OF SHINGLES OUTBREAKS.LAST NIGHT I HAD 20 SHOTS AND A LOT OF ADDERALL. I AM WONDERING IF I SHOULD HAVE 1 DRINK BECAUSE IM HAVING ALCOHOL WITHDRAWL SYMPTOMS AND ANXIETY. I TOOK ONLY 20MG OF ADDERALL TODAY AND LAID IN BED ALL DAY TODAY. MY RIGHT ARM IS FREEZING AND MY RIGHT FINGERS ARE RED AND IM HAVING A PAIN IN MY UPPER RIGHT TEMPLE (BRAIN) AND ALSO IN MY UPPER LEFT STOMACH WHEN I TAKE A DEEP BREATH AND IM REALLY DIZZY
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam (52 minutes later)
Brief Answer:

Alcohol Withdrawal

Detailed Answer:

Technically you may be better with Alcohol but that is not a healthy way to handle the situation.

I advise increasing the fluid intake especially electrolytes in the form of buttermilk which is a fermented dairy product.

The Raynaud's is setting in with the evidence of freezing of arm and fingers. You may need medication for this. I suggest seeing a doctor about this problem.

The upper left stomach pain is not a good sign, it could be gastritis or pancreas that is an issue after a bout of alcohol.

You can take Tab PRILOSEC OTC along with Mylanta.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr Suma Parinam, General & Family Physician
Dr. V. N. S. Parinam