Can one get HIV from a broken condom?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Question
Used a condomn during sex which got broken on 3 different ocassions from the pack Was Durex so maybe expired Pulled out within milliseconds of breakage each time The lady is known to me and tested HIV negative about 5 months ago. Should I be worried and ehats my risk ?
Thu, 14 Jun 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
I think that the risk is very low in this situation.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you writingcin healthcare magic.

Based on your history, got a broken condom during a sexual intercourse , you should know that usually exist the risk to get HIV infection.
But, based in the fact that you know this women and she was HIV negative I think that this risk is very low.

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.

Follow-up: Can one get HIV from a broken condom? 1 hour later
Does it not matter that I withdrew my penis immediately it broke? Can the risk in this case not be very very low ? I know it's difficult to measure this risk but really what are the odds
Secondly yes this is a woman who is long known to me for about a year and I actually saw the results of her test. But who can tell what happened in between
Do I need to get tested or am I worrying too much? More and more I think the worry after the act makes it not so attractive

Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 28 hours later
Brief Answer:
I suggest just to be calm to do a 4 generation HIV test.

Detailed Answer:
I am sorry for my late response.

It doesn't matter if you withdrew immediatly because HIV can be transmmited even in this second.
If you have doubt about her sexual history I suggest just to be calm, to do a 4 th generation HIV test after 4-6 weeks from exposure.

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.