Can one contract STD without sexual intercourse?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014

Dermatologist
Question
I think I have an std but have never had sex and I’ve had it for a while and I don’t want to do and if it will affect joining the army please help
Tue, 17 Apr 2018 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
STDs are only transmitted through direct sexual contact

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr. kakkar(Dermatologist and Venerelogist). I have noted your concern.

STDs are only transmitted through sexual contact - either vaginal, anal or oral sex. If you have never had sex then it is impossible that you have an STD.

Follow-up: Can one contract STD without sexual intercourse? 8 hours later
Well than I might of done something sexual but I don't know, but is it dangerous I don't want to do, I think it's lesions

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need more details

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

What makes you think you have a STD?
Do you have any skin lesions? If yes, kindly upload a few images of it in "Reports Section" so that I am able to guide you better. However, as far as STDs are concerned they are only transmitted through sexual contact. Not otherwise.