Can one contract STD without sexual intercourse?

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 17 Apr 2018 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: I think I have an std but have never had sex and I’ve had it for a while and I don’t want to do and if it will affect joining the army please help
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
STDs are only transmitted through direct sexual contact

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr. kakkar(Dermatologist and Venerelogist). I have noted your concern.

STDs are only transmitted through sexual contact - either vaginal, anal or oral sex. If you have never had sex then it is impossible that you have an STD.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 8 hours later
Well than I might of done something sexual but I don't know, but is it dangerous I don't want to do, I think it's lesions
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need more details

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

What makes you think you have a STD?
Do you have any skin lesions? If yes, kindly upload a few images of it in "Reports Section" so that I am able to guide you better. However, as far as STDs are concerned they are only transmitted through sexual contact. Not otherwise.