Can one conceive while on Glycomet and Ecosprin?

Dr. Abhay A Mali

Diabetologist

Posted on Fri, 7 Apr 2017 in Diabetes
Question: Hello Docter,

I have Type2 Diabetes and currently use Glycomet GP1 ; Ecosprin AV75 ; Multi Vitamin-Mecofol Plus.

Right now my sugar level is - FPS - 135 ; Post Lunch 225

I plan for my second child hence I consulted Urologist /Infertility Specialist and was advised to use medications/supplements as below
coenzyme Q and other vitamin supplements like Maxoza L for 3 months. Dose can be 2 times a day.

Does these vitamin supplements affect my diabetes in any way ? Can I stop using the Multi Vitamin-Mecofol Plus which currently I am using once i start using the other supplements - coenzyme Q and Maxoza L ?

Answered by Dr. Abhay A Mali 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Multivitamin supplement wont affect diabetes control.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your question.
Noted your concern.

As such multivitamin supplement wont affect diabetes control but it may help in prevention of diabetes related complications like neuropathy.

One can stop Mecofol Plus once you start Coenzyme Q and Maxoza L.

Mecofol Plus contains Mecobalamin, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Pyridoxine, Folic Acid.
And Maxoza L contains L carnitine with amino acids and multivitamins.

I may suggest consult your diabetologist as there is need for better blood sugar control.

Hope this helps you.

Dr Abhay Mali.
Diabetologist.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj