question-icon

Can needle like pain at the tip of the penis be due to an injury in the tip after rough squeezing of the penis?

Posted on Wed, 8 Aug 2018
Question: I asked this similar question a few days ago, but would like another urologist's opinion: I've been having a needle like pain at the end of my penis. It usually hurts when I sit down, do leg exercises or drive - anything that puts any pressure on the tip (bunching up in my pants). I had a standard urinalysis performed that was negative. I have sex only with my wife and use a condom (always) to prevent pregnancy. A urologist suggested urethritis before I told him my sexual habits. I suggested that I might have injured myself because recently, I've been trying to prevent leakage after urination (usually a few minutes after urinating) my squeezing and vigorously slinging my penis to get everything out. Could I have injured the tip, causing this pain?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Squeezing penis roughly could cause inflammation of tip of the penis

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Based on the facts that you have posted the pain at the tip of the penis that you are getting could be due to inflammation of delicate mucus membrane of tip of the penis caused by squeezing the penis roughly that you are practicing .

Take mild antibiotics like Norfloxacin and Nitrofurantoin twice daily for a week..

Ensure to ware loose inner wares and drink more water .

This should work to resolve the issue .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil (15 hours later)
I didn't realize antibiotics could be used for treatment inflammation. My wife told me they are just for killing bacteria. Is it common to use antibiotics for inflammation? Also, would I need to have a urologist or my personal physician see me before obtaining the prescription?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil (4 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Antibiotic is beingadvised to prevent getting ifection

Detailed Answer:
hello
Thanks for follow up .

Inflammation is the first stage of eminent infection,Hence antibiotics are advised in such cases to prevent it from getting infected .

You can get prescription from your family Physician .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil (42 hours later)
I reported to my primary care physician your conclusions and asked that he prescribe either Norfloxacin or Nitrofurantoin. However, he prescribed the same antibiotic I used last year for an infection - Augmentin.

Should Augmentin accomplish the same results as these other two antibiotics you mentioned? Also, how long should it take before I see the pain go away?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil (6 hours later)
Brief Answer:
You can take Augmentin twice a day .

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up .

You can take Augmentin twice a day .Nitrofurantoin is an urinary antiseptic that is being prescribed routinely in urinary problems.

It will take 2 weeks to get it cured .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist