Can mushroom supplements help in cancer treatment?

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Fri, 11 Sep 2015 in General Health
Question: My husband has stage 4 lung cancer. what type of mushroom supplements should he take?He is taking chemo therapy now. One every 21 days. he has taken 1 with no side effects and has 5 more to take. Are their other supplements that he needs? I juice fresh fruit and veggies for him twuce a day. My email address is YYYY@YYYY Are you up to date on intergrative medicine?
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
These are not any better than eating healthy!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about what your husband has. This is no good news to anyone. I hope you all stand by him as he takes on the battle to defeat this condition.

I know disease conditions like this can actually push you to trying just many other drugs, approved and unapproved. I will say mushroom supplements will not provide any added advantage beyond healthy feeding. I will recommend that you serve him health meals and that’s enough. However, if you must try mushroom supplements at all cost, I will suggest that you go ahead and use host defense extracts. Am really hesitant here but if that makes you more at ease, then go ahead and use it.

I wish him well. Chemotherapy is so demanding but with your support, am sure he will overcome. Keep me posted and let me know if there is something more that you require.