Can mono cause vertigo and headaches?

Excellent

Question
My son tested positive for mono 6 months ago and is still very fatigued and a bit dizzy sometimes and sometimes a mild headache. I just wonder if it could be something else. He has had blood work done 3 times and all checks out. He did test positive for mono. No one seems to be worried except for me wondering if it could be something else they are missing. He stays in bed almost all day and is unable to work--when he rests full time, he begins to feel better and then exerts a bit and then feels worse. We are waiting on blood work from hepatitus and lyme disease.

Wondering whether I should keep having him pursue other testing or just let him rest and wait. Inner ear issue?? It has literally been since the third week in XXXXXXX that he came down with this fatiguing condition. He did not have fever, swollen glands or any typical symptoms of mono. At first we were glad to know it was "just mono" but never realized it could last this long. He is 32. He eats well, no caffeine, takes vitamin C/Zinc/D and multivitamin. He drinks lots of water and goes to acupuncture.
Mon, 4 Jun 2018 in Infections

Answered by Dr. Eni 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It is normal.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Patient,

Thank you for posting your question in Health Care Magic.

The situation of your son is normal for a patient suffering from Mononucleosis and although I do understand your concern I would only suggest to wait till the organism will defeat the Ebstein Bar Virus that causes the Mononucleosis.
This normally takes 6 months or more. As you have described your son is taking care in a good way. I would only suggest more rest and not suppresing himself to work.
Regarding your worries about the ear, on my opinion this is nothing to do with the inner ear.
He can continue to do the analysis for Hepatitis (especially A which can coexist with Mononucleosis) or Lyme disease.
According to how you described it, it seems exactly like Mononucleosis situation and with a good diet, plenty of rest and time, it will go on on its way. Unfortunately there are not specific drugs against Mononucleosis, only rest and good food.
Repeating blood analysis, and taking care of the immune system are the only advices that the doctors may give to a patient suffering from Mononucleosis.

If you have other question feel free to post them.
Best Regards,
Dr. Eni