Can mild anemia cause dizziness?

Dr. Hardik Sanghvi

Hematologist

Posted on Tue, 21 Mar 2017 in Blood Disorders
Question: I have had a history of anemia. I am 37. Finally recovering from Pneumonia. At my last Dr's visit. It showed I had low white blood cells, high red blood cells. We are going to retest my blood in a few weeks. I have itchiness, then bruising on my legs. I fainted briefly today. I have been drinking a ton of water. I still feel like I could faint easily. This is after I have been on a iron regimen. I also just finished my period. I have felt dizzy all day. Do you think it's anemia? Or something more serious? I just want to be prepared, and know how to move forward. Should I call my Dr. And tell her what happened?
Answered by Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Mild anemia is not a cause of fainting.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, dear
I have gone through your question.
I can understand your concern.

You have history of anemia and pneumonia.
You are recovered from pneumonia. Right now your RBC count is high so severe anemia is unlikely. Your Wbc count is low.

So these findings has no relation with your fainting. Mild anemia never cause fainting.

It can be due to hypoglycemia, hypotension or some other cause. Please send me your all reports so that I can help you further to search the cause.

Hope I have answered your question.
If You have any doubts then feel free to ask me. I will be happy to answer.
Thanks for using health care magic.
Wish you a very good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana