Can mifepristone and misoprostol be detected by blood test?
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
The drugs are metabolized within 24 - 48 hours, they would not be detected in any conventional blood test.
May I know what test are you planning to take ?
All the best
Looking forward to hearing from you.
The best follow up visit is to have a pelvic transvaginal ultrasound scan done.
That will confirm that the uterus is empty and there is nothing inside.
No blood test can detect these substances, only if your doctor sees something inside the uterus on ultrasound, she may suspect that you had an abortion.
If you do not disclose the details, it can be assumed that you had a natural abortion.
Take care, hope my answer clarifies things.
Ideally it should be 15 days after taking the medication.
THey MIGHT run tests to know the cause of the miscarriage, but only if you insist, but in no way, through any blood test, would they know that you took those medications unless you tell them straight out.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Frequent use of mifepristone and misoprostol
- How to use mifepristone and misoprostol
- Mifepristone and misoprostol renal caliculus
- Mifepristone and misoprostol
- Mifepristone and misoprostol epilepsy
- Mifepristone and misoprostol tablets coimbatore
- Mifepristone and misoprostol and urination during
- Mifepristone and misoprostol cytolog
- Mifepristone misoprostol gynaecosid
- When to conceive (mifepristone and misoprostol)
- Why am I getting pain and electric sensation after having intercourse?
- Mirena inserted. Itchy rashes appeared, missing periods and having...
- Follicular study showed enlarged ovary, thick endometrium and no fluid....
- Pregnant. Started spotting after intercourse. Feeling tired with sore...
- Pregnant. Accidentally inhaled goof off rust stain remover. Should I be...
- How to abort 2 weeks pregnancy?
- Itchy clitoris and feeling uncomfortable after using vagifem. Suggest...
- Have had scanty period, heaviness in abdomen and moles on face. What is...
- 54 years old. Feeling bloated, frequent urination and getting delayed...
- Had vulval intraepithelial neoplasia surgery. Getting loose flaps of...