Can masturbation cause erectile dysfunction?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Sat, 9 Jun 2018 in Men's Health
Question: Hii.. I'm a 29yrs old guy.. I Masturbate 3-4 times a week... Is it harmful for me..? I hv started to feel erectile problem... Is it bcoz of masturbation.. Nd wats its remedy
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Habitual and frequent masturbation affects Erectile Function.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Based on the facts that you have posted it seems that You had been indulged in masturbation since many years and now facing problems of Erectile Dysfunction (ED)

First of all there is myth in a mind of common man that excessive masturbation is the reason of all sexual problems But I would like to state that it has been discussed in scientific forums all over the world and proved scientifically that masturbation does not have any negative effect on any organ or system in the body.All the problems that you are facing now are mind related and due to anxiety.

Following measure will help you to boost up your confidence and getting good erection.and delay ejaculation.
1) Practice regular exercise for 45 minutes followed by meditation for 1/2 an hour in the morning.
2) Take high protein diet rich in vegetables and fruits and Vitamin A,C,D,E.and Zinc
3)Take anti oxidants like Almonds 5-6 everyday..
4) Avoid alcohol and smoking..

Though it is harmless, excessive and frequent habitual masturbation does affect quality of erection and delays ejaculation.Try to reduce the frequency of masturbation by keeping yourself busy in activities like sports,reading ,social work etc so that you will not get free time to masturbate.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj