Can malignancy be detected during lumbar interbody fusion surgery?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 4 Mar 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: This is just a follow up question for my previous question doctors did posterior lumbar interbody fusion surgery with debridement after operation doctors completely ruled out the malignancy option now they are suspecting only tb and normal infection I asked the doctors why they did suspect so then they said they can see only yellowish pus inside and they added that my mum has soft bones and preferred terrifrac injection for her now but I am still in confusion that whatever they said all are correct and no more conflicts may occur later or should I go for second opinion
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Malignancy ruled out on biopsy only.

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your query.When doctors had done operation they may be seen any sign of malignancy there,so they did the fusion surgery.But Malignancy is ruled out on biopsy only.Now don't worry have faith on God and doctors,everything will be all right,No need to take second opinion now.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Follow up: Dr. Praveen Tayal 7 minutes later
Hi sir your answer is bit confusing they may have or may not have seen anything there regarding malignancy as per your answer fusion surgery is only for malignancy ??
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
No malignancy.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Sorry for confusing you. I meant that the doctors would NOT have seen any malignancy that is why they did the fusion surgery. No need to worry now. She will gradually respond to antibiotics. She will regain the bone strength once the infection subsides.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.