Can lymphoma cause persistent night sweats?

Question
I have been getting night sweats on and off about every other night for the past 2 weeks. It is not a drenching sweat. I don't wake up soaked. The collar of my shirt around my neck is just a little damp. My room is not too hot, so I don't think it's that. Could it be hormonal? I have the mirena. I got them occasionally for the past few years, but never this much. I'm scared it's lymphoma. Are lymphoma night sweats worse than what I'm having? I have no other symptoms. No weight loss, loss of appetite, etc. I feel fine. I can't afford blood work right now, unless absolutely necessary. Should I get it done anyway?
Sat, 9 Jun 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Monitor only for now! Definitely not lymphoma!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks so much for this query.

I have reviewed your information fully. This is not suggestive of any specific disease condition. In fact, lymphoma is not a possibility in the absence of any other symptoms such as weight loss, anorexia, fatigue, etc. and I will not request any further investigations beyond observation at this time.

Hormonal and temperature fluctuations would be my most likely causes. These should resolve spontaneously. I recommend monitoring and no specific further testing in this regard.

Keep me updated about this. If you need more details and clarifications, follow up with me.