Can lumbar spine injections for treating leg pain cause pain near buttocks and thighs?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I was going to look this up, but, okay, here goes: About an hour ago, I experienced sciatic pain in my right buttock & thigh for the first time. Now my foot is tingling. The sciatic nerve pain did NOT continue past my knee (not feeling it now), but is the foot symptom related? Note: about 3 weeks ago I received an injection in a vetebral space in my lumbar spine in a attempt to treat intermittent chronic pain occurring down outsides of both legs. It does not appear to have worked (the pain has recurred), and now I have this new symptom - or symptoms? - sciatic & foot.

Could copy my copies of X-rays taken at spine clinic, but rheumatologist I passed them to (on Tuesday) did not return them. Doubt they'd show enough detail, though.
Fri, 8 Jun 2018 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Related to nerve compression or irritation.

Detailed Answer:
The tingling of the foot is due to the nerve compression at the level of lower spine or the hip. It is a related symptom and will improve with methylcobalamin supplements. X-ray will not show any nerve compression. MRI scan is the best investigation for this purpose.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal