Can lumbar puncture cause severe headaches and backaches?
Is this just results of LP’s and in time will heal or a possible infection?
Advice to take advil
The back pain radiating to legs and headache are due to lumbar puncture. It will subside in few days. Please be advised to take Advil 400 mg up to 4 times daily as needed.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Follow up answer
Tail bone pain is common after lumbar puncture. Apply ice on the area and continue Advil. You can also use a doughnut pillow. Since you do not have a fever infection is highly unlikely.
If the pain does not decrease in next 3 days, follow up with the urgent care to look for possible infection.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Lekshmi Rita Venugopal, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Lumbar puncture headache causes
- Symptoms of Lumbar puncture headache
- Can a lumbar puncture cause shingles
- Diagnosis of Lumbar puncture headache
- Headache after lumbar puncture
- Things to do to avoid post lumbar puncture headache
- Lumbar puncture headache ear ringing
- Spinal headache after lumbar puncture
- Treatment and cure for Lumbar puncture headache
- Can a lumbar puncture cause sciatica