Can low metabolic function lead to muscle weakness?

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: hypoxia - have one working lung and my o2 levels were falling to 72 at night for about 5 years I was told at a sleep study. My metabolism is totally gone gained over 60LBS since I had an injury that prevented my working out consistently - ruptured L5.. so legs are going numb in last few days - is there anything potentially outside of the nerve pinch to look at - getting a series of blood tests and hormone panels done ASAP THANKS -= what other tests should I do - sleep with a 7.0 CPAP setting to insure get enough O2.

what can I do to shift my metabolism - as read one of the side effects of hypoxia is lowering testosterone...
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Get done vitamin b 12 level.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
Numbness is commonly caused by vitamin B12 deficiency. So get done vitamin b 12 level and if Deficiency than you may need supplements.
You can do chest physiotherapy and deep breathing exercises to improve metabolism.
You can also try yoga and pranayam ad these are also known to improve metabolism.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.