Can law enforcing agencies assist in admitting a schizophrenic in a psychiatric unit?

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Tue, 8 May 2018 in Mental Health
Question: have a 40 yr old son. He has bipolar and schis. I am having a very hard time to get him to go the clinic to be seen, so he can get medication. He is destructive, and paranoid. Beieves the FBI is out after him. As to where I can to call the FBI and tell them he sees lights thru the ceiling, and red trazer lights on the celing, when his studio is completely dark and secluded. He ishas broken out 3 windows that I have replace 2, he wanats it his way, and until he started geting EDD CA state disability $$, I was paying for repairs and plus 425.00 a mo for rent. I am on SSC and disability, I have stopped doing the repairs. He wont go to a clinic that you can talk to a psych on the TV from their other office. What do I do? He doesnt care anymore. He lost his job about 5 yrs death of dad 2 yrs, and his last job as asst mgr was in the wrong part of town. Its just me and him as relatives. He doesnt really care about my husband of 28 yrs. His father and I divorced when he was 4. His dd was verbal abusive. I have fibromyagalia so I dont feel ike doing the papers, and dealing with it daily. We have Disabiity Justice helping with the XXXXXXX Disability, butt he cant wait for 2-4 yrs.
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Police can be contacted to get him admitted in psychiatric unit

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Health care magic.

I am sorry to know that he is waiting for disability justice and little help is available for psychiatric help due to his poor insight about illness (does not accept medication). In such cases the only option available is use of law enforcing agencies. You need to contact helpline for same so your son can be get admitted in nearby psychiatric unit. I understand this is difficult process as admitting a patient with psychiatric illness was never easy in USA but it is rightly possible that you may get desired help ontime.

I hope this helps you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.
Thanks and regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D