Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Can law enforcing agencies assist in admitting a schizophrenic in a psychiatric unit?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 2530 Questions
have a 40 yr old son. He has bipolar and schis. I am having a very hard time to get him to go the clinic to be seen, so he can get medication. He is destructive, and paranoid. Beieves the FBI is out after him. As to where I can to call the FBI and tell them he sees lights thru the ceiling, and red trazer lights on the celing, when his studio is completely dark and secluded. He ishas broken out 3 windows that I have replace 2, he wanats it his way, and until he started geting EDD CA state disability $$, I was paying for repairs and plus 425.00 a mo for rent. I am on SSC and disability, I have stopped doing the repairs. He wont go to a clinic that you can talk to a psych on the TV from their other office. What do I do? He doesnt care anymore. He lost his job about 5 yrs death of dad 2 yrs, and his last job as asst mgr was in the wrong part of town. Its just me and him as relatives. He doesnt really care about my husband of 28 yrs. His father and I divorced when he was 4. His dd was verbal abusive. I have fibromyagalia so I dont feel ike doing the papers, and dealing with it daily. We have Disabiity Justice helping with the XXXXXXX Disability, butt he cant wait for 2-4 yrs.
Tue, 8 May 2018 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Police can be contacted to get him admitted in psychiatric unit

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Health care magic.

I am sorry to know that he is waiting for disability justice and little help is available for psychiatric help due to his poor insight about illness (does not accept medication). In such cases the only option available is use of law enforcing agencies. You need to contact helpline for same so your son can be get admitted in nearby psychiatric unit. I understand this is difficult process as admitting a patient with psychiatric illness was never easy in USA but it is rightly possible that you may get desired help ontime.

I hope this helps you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.
Thanks and regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor