Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

Can labial distention cross the perineum and distant into the anus?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1983
Answered : 979 Questions
Can labial distention cross the perineum and distent into the anus? If so, what treatments are recommended?
Mon, 24 Dec 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 10 minutes later

Welcome and thanks for the query

Labial distension can be due to inflammation but if it is so vast there should be tremendous pain.Other causes can be allergic dermatitis.Bartholin cyst and abscess can also cause the distension.Please send the picture if possible as without seeing it is very difficult to reach a diagnosis.It is better if you write other associated symptoms with it.

Best wishes
Take care
Waiting for your reply
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Can labial distention cross the perineum and distant into the anus? 4 minutes later
I do not feel comfortable giving a picture out. I was just wondering what the treatment for such distention would be. My diet is bad and I am inactive so that probably contributed to the anal hemorrhoids I suffer with. I was just wondering if due to increased blood flow to the labial folds is it possible that they could distent through the perineum into the anus? And commonly what treatments or procedures are performed in such a case?
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 8 minutes later

Welcome once again

If it is watery distension means the skin is shiny then it is due to oedema , if it is due to subcutaneous fat, the skin will not be shiny , if there is no redness means there is no inflammation.Only treatment which is safe is to do hot fomentation or hot sitz bath which will work for the both , haemaerrhoids as well as labial oedema.

Best wishes
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Can labial distention cross the perineum and distant into the anus? 7 minutes later
Hello doctor,
Sorry I was very informal with addressing you before. It sounds like oedema to me. I am just concerned that constipation and this edema are leading to tearing at the perineum. Would you suggest I see an obgyn or a gastroenterologist for a problem like this? Because I believe this oedema and hemmordoids may be contributing to this tearing at the perineum.
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 2 hours later

Welcome back dear

Oedema of perineum along with tear and piles needs immediate attention.It is better to visit an OBGYN.

Best of luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor