Can labial distention cross the perineum and distant into the anus?

Dr. Minoo Bhagia

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 24 Dec 2012 in Women's Health
Question: Can labial distention cross the perineum and distent into the anus? If so, what treatments are recommended?
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 10 minutes later
Hello

Welcome and thanks for the query

Labial distension can be due to inflammation but if it is so vast there should be tremendous pain.Other causes can be allergic dermatitis.Bartholin cyst and abscess can also cause the distension.Please send the picture if possible as without seeing it is very difficult to reach a diagnosis.It is better if you write other associated symptoms with it.

Best wishes
Waiting for your reply
Follow up: Dr. Minoo Bhagia 4 minutes later
I do not feel comfortable giving a picture out. I was just wondering what the treatment for such distention would be. My diet is bad and I am inactive so that probably contributed to the anal hemorrhoids I suffer with. I was just wondering if due to increased blood flow to the labial folds is it possible that they could distent through the perineum into the anus? And commonly what treatments or procedures are performed in such a case?
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 8 minutes later
Hello

Welcome once again

If it is watery distension means the skin is shiny then it is due to oedema , if it is due to subcutaneous fat, the skin will not be shiny , if there is no redness means there is no inflammation.Only treatment which is safe is to do hot fomentation or hot sitz bath which will work for the both , haemaerrhoids as well as labial oedema.

Best wishes
Follow up: Dr. Minoo Bhagia 7 minutes later
Hello doctor,
Sorry I was very informal with addressing you before. It sounds like oedema to me. I am just concerned that constipation and this edema are leading to tearing at the perineum. Would you suggest I see an obgyn or a gastroenterologist for a problem like this? Because I believe this oedema and hemmordoids may be contributing to this tearing at the perineum.
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 2 hours later
Hello

Welcome back dear

Oedema of perineum along with tear and piles needs immediate attention.It is better to visit an OBGYN.

Best of luck