Can kidney stones cause pain in the back under the rib cage?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 8 May 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hi,
I am having sharp pains in my back under my rib cage. I have had kidney stones before but I am unsure if it is that or an infection. It started 6 hours ago and progressively has gotten worse.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take inj diclofenac.

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your query,first you have ta take inj diclofenac sodium,do hot fomentation and go for USG abdomen.Till than you can take antibiotics and antispasmodics and do take rest.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal