Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Can kidney stones cause pain in the back under the rib cage?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10707 Questions
I am having sharp pains in my back under my rib cage. I have had kidney stones before but I am unsure if it is that or an infection. It started 6 hours ago and progressively has gotten worse.
Tue, 8 May 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take inj diclofenac.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting your query.
I have gone through your query,first you have ta take inj diclofenac sodium,do hot fomentation and go for USG abdomen.Till than you can take antibiotics and antispasmodics and do take rest.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor