question-icon

Can itchy red rashes on my face be related to an allergic reaction?

Posted on Wed, 22 Aug 2018
Question: I’ve started having this rash yesterday evening. It’s itchy and it’s developing and getting redder.
Please advise on how I should proceed. Is this a possible allergy?
I’m a vegetarian, no eggs but I do have milk products.
No drinking and smoking either.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney (31 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Seems to be an allergic reaction, topical steroid and antihistaminic.

Detailed Answer:

I have reviewed the attached photographs and it seems to be an allergic reaction.

It doesn’t seem to be related to food products.

If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to apply topical steroid like Mometasone Furoate cream on the affected areas and take antihistaminic like tablet Levocetrizine depending on the intensity of itching.

This will help in resolving your rash.

Steroidal preparations are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney, Dermatologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist