Can irregular menstrual cycles affect my ability to get pregnant?
Please provide additional information.
I can certainly understand your concern.
I have worked through your attached query in detail.
Before guiding you further I would like to know the following:
1. Since how long you had these symptoms of irregular menstrual cycles? I request you to kindly specify it in number of years.
2. Please describe your menstrual cycle irregularities in detail?
3. What is your height and weight?
4. When did you last screen yourself for thyroid issues?
5. Do you have any associated diabetes mellitus or hypertension?
6. Are you currently taking any medication? If yes, kindly specify their details.
If possible, I request you kindly get a latest ultrasound abdomen, thyroid profile, complete blood counts and serum hormonal assays (FSH, LH, ESTRADIOL, TESTOSTERONE) at a sophisticated national labs and update the reports on our web page.
Once I receive your answers, I will guide you thoroughly.
Thank you for your reply.
Please find below my answers for your queries:
1.Around 6 years.
2.Initial phase it was like in alternative months .Then I had Ayurveda treatment to become normal.During the treatment the first period during that time last for 15 days and started having medicine for stopping it.Then I continued with this treatment for a while.
Then I went to meet a gynecologist and had 2 months treatment .Tested for Thyroid and found normal.At that period the periods was regular but the tablets was heavy dosage.
After that I went back again to another famous Ayurveda doctor .She asked to scan and the report was normal.Again with her treatment,it last for 15 days and took medicine to stop it.I continued with her treatment for around 1 year.Then it was okay.
Later in 2016,again it was irregular. At that time I went to one homeopathy doctor.Again she asked to scan and did scanning even that report was normal.Then continued with her medicine for around 8 months then it was normal for around 1 year.
Four months back it again become irregular.At that time continued with the homeopathy and the bleeding will last for around 20 days and it was heavy bleeding and felt so tired too .So I shifted to Ayurveda treatment now for 2 months.Still it is irregular.
3.157 cm and 48 kg.
4.Its being around 4 years.
6.Yes.I'm taking Ayurveda treatments like Arishtam,Kashayam,tablet mainly for having blood and health.
I'm currently working as a Chartered Accountant in Infopark,Kakkanad.So reports I will try to get it by next weekend.I'm not sure as its the busy season with works now.
Further management is largely based on test results.
Thank you for your detailed response.
It's very important for you to understand that Ayurvedic or Homeopathic remedies are not effective in your case. Hence, it's not advisable not to rely on them as it gives you a false sense of well being delaying the medical attention.
This looks like a significant underlying hormonal disorder causing these abnormalities in menstrual cycle. It has to be corrected at the earliest. Treatment may extend for longer periods.
Further management is largely based on test results. I will guide you accordingly once the test results are out. I recommend you discuss about it with your gynecologist and get the tests done.
Review with reports to determine further course of action.
Dr. Suresh Heijebu, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Irregular menstrual cycles and pregnancy
- Concerta irregular menstrual cycle
- Irregular menstrual cycle hiv
- Causes of irregular menstrual cycle
- Irregular menstrual cycle
- Cipralex irregular menstrual cycles
- Vicodin irregular menstrual cycle
- Levonelle and irregular menstrual cycle
- Hpylori and irregular menstrual cycle
- Inderal and irregular menstrual cycle
- Does excessive massage result in temporary nerve damage?
- What is the prognosis for CKD with eGFR of 52?
- Suggest treatment for sore lesions on the chin and buttocks, nausea and...
- What do ingestion, diarrhea and brain fog indicate despite following a...
- Can CFS and de Quervain tenosynovitis increase one's CK levels?
- What causes chronic vomiting after several surgeries around the uterus...
- What causes difficulty in sleeping in an elderly person?
- Suggest ways to lose weight in a healthy manner
- Suggest treatment for persistent sinus infection
- Suggest remedies for swelling and purple bruise around the finger nails