Can iron and vitamin supplements cause mid back pain?

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in General Health
Question: My mother is 81 years old. She was recently told by her doctor to take iron and vitamin B because she showed low levels. Yesterday she started experiencing discomfort on the right side of her back.......approx. mid back. Today she had difficulty in her walking. Could this be caused by vitamins? She said she don't think its a strained muscle
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Unrelated to vitamins

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for the query

Difficulty in walking and a discomfort in the back in unrelated to vitamins and iron capsules.
Discomfort in the mid back is usually due to abnormal posture while sleeping or an uncomfortable chair. I recommend that you put ice packs over the area. If the problem worsens then please seek help from your gneneral physician to rule out spondylosis

I hope I was of help. If you have any further queries please get back me

Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha

Nephrologist