Can intravenous Glutathione injections be safely taken by someone with Parkinson's disease?

Dr. Shoaib Khan

Posted on Wed, 15 Feb 2017 in General Health
Question: Are there side effects of glutathione iv and perhaps can it help with Parkinsons?
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No side effects to worry about, it may help nothing documented

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. Glutathione has no documented short term side effects, and so I do not think you need to worry about anything ma'am.

As for its contribution towards Parkinson's disease, glutathione itself is known to have an anti-aging effect, and knowing that Parkinson's is mostly age-related there have been some benefits with its use, but no conclusive results have been documented. So as it does not come with any side effects, I do not see the harm in including it in the treatment regimen, but do not depend completely on glutathione for management of Parkinson's disease.

I hope you find my response helpful. Please feel free to write to me anytime, I am always here to help.

Best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T