Can internal hemorrhoids cause rise in PSA level due to increased pressure in anal area?

Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

Posted on Mon, 4 Feb 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Can XXXXXXX hemmorhoids cause an artificial rise in PSA level because of increased pressure in the anal area?
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later

There is no hard evidence to support the statement of rise of PSA level just because of XXXXXXX hemorrohoids. The 'evidence based medicine' does not support this.

Hope this answers.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli
Follow up: Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 32 minutes later
Given that other forms of anal pressure such as digital prostate examinations and even normal ejaculation during sex can cause PSA increase, why is pressure from hemorrhoids not also a factor?
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 hours later
Probably that the pressure created because of enlarged hemorrhoids is not enough to release the PSA into the veins. There seems no definite and accepted answer in the journals.
Follow up: Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 31 minutes later
What website would provide further reading on this topic?
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 5 hours later
They are clinical journals specific to medical professionals and you need to subscribe. The best patient education website can be WWW.WWWW.WW

If you do not have further queries you may close the discussion and rate my answer.