Can inhaling a WD40 spray cause any threat to the pregnancy?

Question
Hello Mdm
My wife is 37 weeks pregnant and is expecting soon. Today there was some maintenance in my home and the mechanic sprayed WD40 fluid in the door handle as the door lock was replaced. I got the door handle cleaned after the lock replacement. But slight smell of WD 40 still remained. Is the door handle is being touched by wife , is there any risk ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WD-40

Thu, 26 Apr 2018 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not worrisome.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
WD 40 contains various hydrocarbons which can be harmful if inhaled in large quantities during the first 12 weeks of pregnancy. Now that your wife is near full term and if the slight smell is not causing any nausea watery eyes or cough running nose then there is no need to worry. Such small amounts do not usually cause any harm to the mother or baby.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal