Can illegal drugs be consumed while on Zoloft and Abilify?

Psychiatrist
Question
Hi, I take 200 mg Zoloft and 20 mg abilify. I’m planning on getting high. Is it okay to take my medication right before getting high, or after getting high? Or it doesn’t matter? It don’t want to risk death that’s why.

I don’t want to risk death
Fri, 18 May 2018 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I think it is important to avoid getting high

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

First of all I like to inform you that zoloft have half life of about 35 hours and abilify have half life of 72 hours. I mean to say that the level of medication remains almost same during different hours of day and it does not matter whether you want o get high after taking medication or before it.

The only important thing here is to avoid all form of substances while on medication as chances of risk to life are always more when you mix medications with drugs.

I hope this answers you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.
Thanks and regards.

Follow-up: Can illegal drugs be consumed while on Zoloft and Abilify? 8 minutes later
Okay. But i won’t die from it correct?

Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No, it is not correct

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up.

I am sorry to inform you that mixing of drugs with medications may make it toxic and may cause serious damage to your brain and body including death.

I hope this helps you further.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below-mentioned link:
http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-ashok-kumar/67386

Thanks and regards.